Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Stories

I have just completed the first part of my latest story. It's about ten or eleven pages long right now, and should end up being three parts (or about thirty pages). I've alluded to its plot in an earlier post, but I want to reiterate that this is not at all similar to my other stories. It could less be described as erotica and more as a thriller (if a poor one). That said, I am at an impasse. My question to you all is this: should I post it in installments or should I wait until the entire thing is finished to post?

There are pros and cons for either method. Installments mean more frequent posting, but will leave you at a bit of a cliffhanger (some may actually like that, though). In addition, I think it might help me create a better story, assuming that some of you would give constructive criticism which I could use while writing the subsequent parts. Posting the story in its entirety, however, is the status quo for this blog. That's how I've always done it, and it's worked so far. The problem, though, is that with my hectic schedule, it would mean that you'd get new material far less frequently.

So, what I ask is that you post your opinion in the comments section of this post. Either way, I'll make a decision by the end of the weekend. Hope you've enjoyed my work thus far, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I would prefer installments for what it's worth (it worked for Charles Dickens:)).

    You could then print the thing in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see it in installments. It is always nice to be left with a bit of anticipation when a story is really good before getting to the end;. It extends the enjoyment for this reader.

    ReplyDelete